Saturday, January 7, 2012

7/366

Today is another day with the hubs on duty so I'm holding down the fort. I let the bigs know mid-morning that they WOULD be taking a rest today and I didn't want to hear any protesting, it was going to happen. Some days Mommy needs a little break too, I'm not afraid to admit it!

I have this thing about pictures of my boys asleep. I love them. I love to see them asleep. There is just something so tender and innocent about it. 

I let the bigs play for a little while after they had lunch, I figured if I postponed rest time then maybe there would be less protest. I took them upstairs and got them tucked into bed.

By that time, K was getting really hyper. In his world that means he's tired. I held him, he held his hand to my face and made it go in circles. He has a new found obsession for things that go in circles and his mobile. I wasn't sure if he was really ready to go down for a nap, after all he hadn't been up that long and had taken a super nap in the morning, but figured we'd give it a shot. Worse that could happen is he'd fuss and not go to sleep.

I took K upstairs, got him into his crib with his paci and blanket, turned on the mobile and sound machine and turned to walk out. He lightly protested but by the time I was at the top of the stairs he was quiet...which is usually a sign of success in the making.

I quietly snuck in to check on L1 and L2 in their room. L1 was on the edge about to sleep into sleep, L2 was on the floor playing with some of his Legos. Got L2 back in bed and left again (him actually sleeping required me going in there again and threatening to take Kisser away).

I came back down and turned on the video monitor. I saw the little booger was sitting up and playing! I thought for sure I had 5 minutes max before he started fussing and I'd be trekking up the stairs to get him. I kept watching. He kept playing. The mobile turned off, he kept sitting there. After a few more minutes he scooted over to the mobile and turned it on, looked around and grabbed his blanket, then just laid down and curled up and went to sleep! Seriously...7 months old and doing this?!

Ahh...peace and quiet for mommy. I was able to take a shower without interruptions! It was very short lived though, but I'll take what I can today!


Landon snuggled up with his corner and bear
(Corner=his blanket)


Logan snuggled in {awkwardly} with his B and Kisser
(B=his blanket, Kisser=the red and white giraffe)




Keighan snuggled up with his paci and blanket and seahorse too.
Yeah, all you perfect moms, check out how awful I am.
He has a blanket and bumpers and a toy/stuffed animal thing in his crib *GASP*


Lately Keighan has been ridiculously happy when he wakes up.
I usually see him playing and talking on the monitor so head up to get him before the crying starts.
As soon as he hears the door open he immediately looks that way and just starts grinning.
He's such a happy little guy!












No comments:

Post a Comment