Thursday, January 5, 2012

5/366

If you've had the pleasure of peeking into my children's closets....then you know I'm a little obsessive over their clothing. They hang in rainbow order and/or by brand line. I hang them to dry and iron pretty much everything except socks, underwear, and PJs. Although I have been known to hang some socks and PJs too. I enjoy shopping for their clothes, putting together outfits, having them match or coordinate, etc. It's something I've done since...well, I guess since we were expecting Landon! People hear I buy a lot of Janie & Jack or Gymboree and they gasp and just talk about how expensive it is. It takes all I have not to roll my eyes and want to shake them. 1-You never buy full price 2-There is always a sale 3-There is almost always a coupon 4-You take proper care of them and resell them (often for what you pay or even more!)

Yesterday Gymboree started their biannual Red Balloon Sale. Certain lines are all marked $6.99 and under. The one that is going on now is last year's spring/summer items...perfect for this upcoming spring and summer! I wasn't able to make it in yesterday, but since the hubs had duty today I went kid free and sat on the floor sorting through the bins and boxes and racks of goodies. There is so much left behind, I'm going to try to go back and make a huge haul for my other clothing obsessed friends who are in search of certain items.

Today's picture is my haul from today


22 items.
Original retail value 
$445.55 
Today I paid...
$103 
(and change + tax)
with that I earned 2 Gymbucks ($50 off a $100 purchase)

I did not use a coupon this time, which would have brought the purchase total to $82, however if I would have used a coupon I would have only gotten 1 GB ($25/50). So as long as I end up using the GBs then it's really the same in the end anyways. I ended up getting about 77% off. Several of the things I got (like the milkman line) were not at RBS prices either, but my gentle giant has grown a bit too fast and needed a few more long sleeve items in 12-18 to get us through the rest of the winter! I dare you to go to whatever store you shop at and claim is so much cheaper and find as cute and good as quality of things for an average of $4.68/piece that you can also resell!

P.S. Tomorrow I promise to use my real camera and not my phone for pics...it's just so easy and convenient to reach for my phone! 




Oh, and yes...that is 3 pairs of the same pair of pants. I wasn't sure which size would fit K best so just got a span to try out! I'll take the other 2 back or offer them for sale on the boards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment