Wednesday, January 4, 2012

4/366

Whenever someone or something new enters the home there is always a bit of uneasiness. How will the existing members react? How will the new member take to everything? When will life mesh and become the new normal? The list of things go on. So of course as we prepared to welcome baby boy #3 into our family we were curious to see how the older 2 would react and adjust.

Thankfully, from day 1, the older brothers have been amazing when it comes to the baby. He is 7 months old now and we are certainly into the new normal swing of things. His big brothers love him so much and aren't afraid to show it.

This afternoon K was taking a nap. He crashed after we picked L2 up from pre-school. When K was waking up he was babbling and we could hear it on the monitor. I told L2 I was just going to change the laundry over then go upstairs to get K. Next thing I knew I was hearing little feet pounding on the stairs running up then I heard a sweet 3 year old voice over the monitor talking to his baby brother. I turned on the video part and this is what I saw


Logan has climbed up at the end of the crib where K was and was talking to him.
He was saying things like, "you're just the sweetest baby that there ever was."
He would reach a hand over and pat K on the head.
Then he started making up a song about K being the best baby ever and loving him.
(This is a pic I snapped with my phone of the monitor)


I went upstairs to get K out of his crib.
Immediately L2 was asking to hold him and patting a spot next to him in the glider.
I convinced L2 to at least let me change K's diaper first.
Then I sat K down next to L2,
the big brother just kept hugging and kissing the little brother.


It is amazing to watch all 3 of their relationships blossom and change. They are all each other's best friends. Hopefully some day they will all come to this realization as well. For now their bond will just continue to strengthen every day and I'm lucky enough to watch the changes before my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment