Monday, January 2, 2012

2/366

My three little boys mean so much to me. It seems all too often I-and most parents-are always waiting for the next thing to happen.

When are they going to be born? Walk? Talk? Potty train? Start school? The list goes on. We need to remember that children do not come with a checklist waiting to be completed, each one will accomplish things on their own timeline. We have so much to look forward to and are anxious to see the toddler, child, young man/woman, adult, spouse, and parent that they will become.

Then there are the moments where you seem to have only blinked and so much time has passed, they grow up before your eyes so quickly.

Today I had several "wow" moments with my boys.

L1 turned 6 a mere 4 days ago. He looked so scrunched and folded like a pretzel when he was in the bath tub. He made me smile as I listened to him read us a bedtime book, he did not want me to read.

L2 was doing things we usually fight over. Dishes were put away without a reminder. Toys were picked up (more than once), without protest. He volunteered to have his nails cut first and teeth brushed first.

K is just growing everyday. He's able to go from lying down to sitting up without assistance. He's recently taken a liking to solid foods and is downing a 3.5oz bag nightly, along with a handful of Puffs (oh how he loves Puffs since discovering them about a week ago!). He has 3 teeth with a 4th about to pop through any day now. He's rocking back and forth on all 4s and lunging forward trying to crawl. He's busting out of his 6-12 month clothing. What happened to my little 7lbs 5oz peanut that was born just 7 months ago?!


I'm going to start trying to live more in the present and not wish away these precious months and years with my little guys. Before I'm ready they'll be gone.

My three boys happily playing this morning in the living room
(coffee table was moved out of the way to use the Kinect!)

Keighan being super smiley after scarfing down his banana-plum dinner and some Puffs!


Yes...I can count, I realize this is 2 pictures. My blog, I can make up my own rules! 

For the record, while I'd love to improve my photography skills, that's not what this blog is about for me like many people challenge themselves to do. It's just to do it for fun. I'm not going to worry about getting photos technically correct, editing, etc...I just don't have the time or desire to at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment