Tuesday, January 17, 2012

17/366

Today's photo was not taken today.

It was taken on July 17th, 2011. 6 months ago to the day. The day Keighan turned 2 months old....today he turned 8 months old.

Before today's events, I already had today's picture planned in my head. Him in the plain white onesie with his 8 months sticker on it. Just like I {try} to take every month (problem is I missed out on 6 months because we were out of town, then with Christmas chaos I forgot about month 7 too...)

Amazing how fast can change though. How things don't go as planned.

Shortly after noon, I got a call from my mom. I saw "Mom" pop up on my caller ID. I figured she was calling me about an email I had sent her earlier. I answered. She said, "hey." As soon as she said that...the tone of her voice sent me back to 5th grade. When we were vacationing in Michigan and my Aunt Kay called with the news that my Aunt Janet had passed, I answered that call and as soon as she asked to talk to my mom I knew. My mom's voice sounded just like Kay's did 17 years ago. She told me that if Aunt Jennifer hadn't passed yet she would be very soon and they were on the way to Tampa.  6 minutes after I hung up with my mom is the time they recorded her passing.

Like I said before, amazing how fast things can change. From this morning Aunt Jen hearing news her PET scan showed no signs of cancer anywhere...to her passing suddenly.

Aunt Jen was an absolutely amazing woman. Through the years she has touched SO many people. I always knew that about her, but the outpouring of love and response to her Caring Bridge page proved it even more. I'm lucky to be one of those she touched and to be able to say we share the same blood. We got to visit when we were in Florida 2 months ago, I am so thankful for those moments together.

This pic is of Keighan and Aunt Jen. Shortly after this visit in July was when she was diagnosed. I will never forget her radiant smile and beaming personality (or her ability to give my dad a hard time). She will be missed greatly.


Love you Aunt Jen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment