Wednesday, February 29, 2012

46-59/366

Wow, this brings a whole new meaning to a long "2 week wait!" (and if you don't know what a 2WW is then you probably haven't tried to have a baby anytime recently or plan on it anytime soon!)

The kids got sick. It was rough. Then on the 16th about 10:30AM I decided that I needed to go to Tampa for Aunt Jen's memorial service there. I texted Dan, he said he was ok with it. The boys were off school the following week so they wouldn't be missing out and we wouldn't have to rush back. I called my parents and mother in-law. I think my parents were too shell shocked that I was going to drive that far by myself with the 3 boys to protest. Or maybe they just knew that protesting over this situation wouldn't get them anywhere. So I was a mad woman for a few hours and that afternoon we got on the road. We arrived at my parent's house around 12:45am. The next day we went to Tampa for the service and spent a few days seeing family who had come in from Michigan and also visiting with Dan's side of the fam. After that we went back to Ocala for a few days before making the trek back to Mobile. It was a whirl-wind visit (but really, it seems as though they all are! We never get to see everyone or do everything in our time there no matter how long it is). I am so glad we went though.

So here we are, two weeks since I last posted! I slacked before we left because of the sickos. I slacked while we were gone because I just wasn't really on the computer. I've slacked since we got back because there have been a million other things to do. But now I am catching up and am going to be better about staying on top of this! I wasn't the best with the camera this trip, so I may be missing a few days...even some without iPhone pics (::gasp::). Most of these are just quick phone pics so they aren't the best!


46-Feb 15th
Keighan feeling quite crummy still, battling RSV and an ear infection.
Only place he seemed to be happy was in either Mommy's or Daddy's arms


47-Feb 16th
Keighan just loves his activity table.
Any time he can stand up he's usually pretty happy!
He loves to put balls down the center (they're supposed to) and see which leg they come out on.
He also likes to stick other things down there, like pacis!
Landon was being a great big brother when he got home from school and playing with Keighan.

48-Feb 17th
The drive down.
Might be hard to see...but this is THREE sleeping boys!!
You can see K's reflection in the mirror on his seat and then the other 2 just sacked out.
I was worried how it would go with all 3 of them by myself on the way down, 
but they were FABULOUS! 
I was seriously so proud and happy with how they behaved.
Worst part was a rest area we stopped at. 
Handicapped bathrooms were closed for cleaning so all 4 
of us were crammed into one stall when I had to go! 
Next time I'll need some extra duct tape to tape K up on the door
(I kid, I kid!)

49-Feb 18th
This was the day of Aunt Jen's "celebration of life" service in Tampa.
They held one in Michigan which I was unable to attend so was glad when they decided to have one in Tampa as well as that is a bit more feasible for me to travel to. 
I look awful. It was the end of a long and emotional day.
Not to mention I got, oh, maybe 3 or 4 hours of sleep the night before.
Keighan thought it would be a swell idea to stay up until 2:30am after the drive.
Here the cousins are sacked out after a long day with a proud G looking on!

50-Feb 19th
Sunday morning we went to the BRAT's hotel 
(well, I guess it would be BRAs since Tara couldn't make it??).
Austen, Landon, and Logan went swimming.
They love Austen and it's a little scary at times 
how much alike Austen and Landon are. 
This was after they had been swimming and we were getting ready to go to lunch.
That night Amanda and Mike came over 
(we were staying with Dan's parents) for dinner.
There is a playground in the neighborhood so
we took a stroll down there to burn off some energy while Grandpa grilled dinner!
Keighan got in on the swinging action too.
He LOVED the swing!
I really need to get on buying him one for our swingset 
since it's quite warm out these days we'll be spending lots of time out there!

51-Feb 20th
On Monday we went to the Glazer Children's Museum in Tampa.
Here the boys were testing a paper airplane in a wind tunnel.
Glimpse into their future at ERAU perhaps? ha!

52-Feb 21st
Back at my parent's house we heated up the hot tub for the boys to go swimming.
Landon chilling at the bottom
Keighan is going to be another fish!
He kept dunking his head on his own and loved it!
I just love this shot. 
Keighan loves his big brother so much and they love him just as much too!

53-Feb 22nd & 54-Feb 23rd
told ya I didn't take some every day...


55-Feb 24th
My birthday is in a few days.
Every since I was 2 years old my mom has always made me a strawberry cake with strawberry icing,
using an old recipe from her home ec class (so you know it's ancient, haha!)
Majority of the years Hello Kitty adorned it in some way.
This year L1 and L2 helped decorate it.
Hello Kitty was all over with candles that were actually sparklers!

56-Feb 25th
This is how L1 and L2 were as I was packing up the van.
Not sure how hanging out on the stairs like this was comfy, 
but apparently it was!
L1 was playing on G's iPhone while L2 looked on.

57-Feb 26th
Soccer was supposed to begin on Monday
(rained out)
so on Sunday we were checking out their gear and getting everything in order.
Logan insisted on trying on his shin guards, socks, and cleats.
On top of his turkey Thanksgiving PJs.
Then going outside to play...and refusing to look at the camera.

58-Feb 27th
A page from Landon's St Jude's Math-A-Thon fundraiser book.
I'm so proud of what he is accomplishing these days! 
He read all of the directions by himself and wrote his own answers.
We have a little work to do on the spelling, but he's getting there. 

59-Feb 28th
Pratt missed us while we were gone!
He was trying to snuggle up with me on the couch 
but Keighan's leg was getting in the way!








No comments:

Post a Comment