Wednesday, February 1, 2012

32/366

(Again from my phone tonight...)

If you've met Landon for more than a few moments, you've probably realized a few things. He's smart. He's hyper. He jumps a lot. He's sensitive. He's caring. I could go on and on. Overall he's really an amazing kid and I'm proud to be his mommy!

Kindergarten hasn't been the easiest for him. Behavior wise that is. Academically he has had straight A's from the start (which I still find odd the do A, B, C, etc grades in kindy here!). Buuuut....then there's the impulsive issues and jumping issues, etc that more often than not wound up meaning a straight or sad face for the day. I think we all began dreading hearing what he got. Oh, Landon did handstands today in the lunch line or Landon wouldn't stop talking or Landon wouldn't stay in his seat, I almost didn't want him coming home so I didn't have to see those things!

We've turned it around now. I'm astonished at the difference we see now.

A WHOLE MONTH OF SMILEY FACES!!!! Before he'd get 1-2 smileys a week and the rest straight or sad ones. I'm a little stunned to be honest, but so incredibly proud of him!

While we're on the topic of Landon school brags...just a few days ago I gt an email from his prek teacher back in Texas. She wanted to check in on us and said she wishes she could have a whole classroom full of Landons. We miss Mrs Miller so much! I told her there is a good chance we will be back there in 2015 (about 1/3 chance), and hope she's considered teaching 4th grade lol.

1 comment: