Thursday, March 1, 2012

61/366

Somehow in the midst of yet another crazy and long day, I thought about grabbing my camera to take some pictures. I had a specific one in mind.

Today I was again on base for hours. About 12 total actually. On my way in this morning I noticed the front gate had been decorated with flowers, flags, posters, etc. The road just inside the gate was lined with small American flags in the ground. Late this afternoon I ran home to get Landon off the bus and pick the other boys up from my friend's house. We were home maybe 45 minutes before I had to load them up and go back to ATC to set up for the family debriefing. I got my camera then to take a pic of the gate.

At the corner of Schillinger and Tanner Williams (Tanner Williams is the road the base is off of), I noticed a local restaurant had their flag lowered to half-mast, so I grabbed that shot. Then as I was waiting to pull into base I took the one of the front gate. Both I just took a single shot of, they aren't great...but that's not what matters here.

What has been so amazing is the continuing outpouring of support since the news broke. Support from all sorts of places...the local community, the Coast Guard community both here and everywhere, people just wanting to help in any way possibly. It's nice to see so many people helping out and wanting to help out.

I didn't know it when I took these, found out tonight when I got home and someone tagged me in a Facebook post. Dan was quoted on a local news station in a story about the community support http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/community-reacts-to-uscg-search

I hope this post somewhat makes sense. I'm exhausted and too tired to read it over at this point. The brain is mush and the eyes are burning. If the hubs ever gets home then I'll get some sleep. 




As of now, three of the four crewmembers have been recovered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment